When I made this book, I was thinking of it as a “test”. I wasn’t, originally planning on drawing in the booklets inside, so I used scrap paper. As a result, several of the pages already had various markings on them.
So, now that I am drawing, I either need to incorporate these marks, cover them, or just totally ignore them.
On the page on the left, I decided to use a bit of tangling, Purk, on top of the marks that were there. Then, I added more color.
For the right-hand page, I just ignored the grey marker streaks and just drew the sunflower. Then I used watercolors on the page.
I think both techniques worked out pretty well.