Another card, but this was actually cut from a greeting card. I liked the red printed texture and I didn’t want to cover it completely. But I did want to add to what is there. While not finished, by any means, the bit of stencilling added has given me an idea of where I might go from here. I will be working on this one some more. #liquatexacrylics

Another junk mail card. Here, I’ve used leftover paint, swiping it across the card. Then I used the other end of the brush (the handle) to draw into the wet paint. I saw a splotch of red-orange and decided to set the card aside to dry. Later, when I examined it closely, I realized it was person, that I think is either on a skate board, or roller skates.

This is another junk mail card. The base is, again, created by peeling paint off my palette and sticking it to the card using Liquatex Matte Medium. When that dried, I used a few different Liquatex markers to add some interesting marks around the sides and edges. Then I used fresh paint with stencils to add more interest. Now I’ve set this one aside to think about. I may want to add more to it to create a firm focal point sometime in the future.

Yesterday I was determined to accomplish something, anything in the studio. I’ve been wanting to experiment with peeling paint off my palette and using it in some manner. So I decided to try it on one of the junk mail cards. It peeled off in chunks and strips and I used Liquatex Matte Medium to glue it to the card. I discovered that side that is against the palette is often very differently colored than the front, so you get some surprises.