Yesterday I was determined to accomplish something, anything in the studio.
I’ve been wanting to experiment with peeling paint off my palette and using it in some manner. So I decided to try it on one of the junk mail cards. It peeled off in chunks and strips and I used Liquatex Matte Medium to glue it to the card.
I discovered that side that is against the palette is often very differently colored than the front, so you get some surprises. I also found that it is very slick and shiny. I like the texture the pieces created.
I think this will work even better if I start making the skins a bit thicker to make them easier to handle.
After it was all dry, I added the glitter. I just wanted to play with glitter because it makes me happy.
I will probably add more to this. I see a butterfly and possibly a dragon. I’ll have to see what my intuition nudges me into doing from here.
I actually started several cards, so you’ll be seeing more of these.
Painters just want to have fun!