In order to make masks for my family and friends, I ended up purchasing a new sewing machine. It came with a cover which was black, and hard. It think it was actually meant to be used when transporting the machine in the car. It definitly wasn’t designed to be used on a daily basis.
I wanted some kind of cover that would keep lint, dust and dirt off of the machine. Something that was easy to put on and take off, and was washable. I found some happy fabrics in my stash and set about designing a pattern. Above, you can see the results.
I also wanted to be able to move and carry the machine with the cover still on, or put it in and out of a storage area. So, as you can see above, I added an opening at the top for the pop up handle.
I also put a big pocket on the front and back. Now I can put the book, the knee lift and the presser foot in them, along with the power cord. There is plenty of room for a pattern or two, some fabric and scissors and a box of various notions!
Over-all, I’m very happy with the way this turned out!
Now, I think I’ll make some coordinating accessories for the sewing area!
Stay safe! Stay well!