This is the big sister to a layout in my tiny art journal, which I showed you a few days ago. While this has a different arrangement, it started with the same concept, circles and the same quotation. It also has the same paint colors. Both backgrounds were painted at the same time. Just as with the tiny version, this began with text papers from a book, magazines and junk mail being attached to the page with Liquatex Matte Medium.

Another card, but this was actually cut from a greeting card. I liked the red printed texture and I didn’t want to cover it completely. But I did want to add to what is there. While not finished, by any means, the bit of stencilling added has given me an idea of where I might go from here. I will be working on this one some more. #liquatexacrylics

Another junk mail card. Here, I’ve used leftover paint, swiping it across the card. Then I used the other end of the brush (the handle) to draw into the wet paint. I saw a splotch of red-orange and decided to set the card aside to dry. Later, when I examined it closely, I realized it was person, that I think is either on a skate board, or roller skates.

This is another junk mail card. The base is, again, created by peeling paint off my palette and sticking it to the card using Liquatex Matte Medium. When that dried, I used a few different Liquatex markers to add some interesting marks around the sides and edges. Then I used fresh paint with stencils to add more interest. Now I’ve set this one aside to think about. I may want to add more to it to create a firm focal point sometime in the future.

I’m tackling an older (from January) color challenge this week: Teal, Yellow and Grey. This is another small (2-5⁄8” x 4”) card cut from a junk mail advertisement. I began by swiping the three colors in various places across the card. When that dried, I used a stencil to add the deeper, teal-blue design. I also added a few yellow hexagons. To me, the lighter color near one side of the card looked like water, so I reinforced that with a bit more streaks.

I showed you a page from my art journal on Friday. If you remember, it had a design issue: The way it was laid out, the page was divided into distinct quarters with no flow between them. I decided to tackle a revision of the design. The first step was to get rid of the worst parts and restore the basic design as best as I could. I began with Liquatex white and bright aqua green gouache.