The pupa was sitting very quitely in the corner of my desk most of the day yesterday. Towards the evening, though, I noticed it rocking a bit. This morning, I saw a pair of little eyes peeking out, and shortly after a beautifully transformed head! Now she is looking much more like an adult Blue Bottlfly with huge red eyes!
Seriously, I worked and worked on this hat. It took several rounds of crochet followed by several froggings… But I finally got it! The eyes were actually the hardest, to make sure they matched each other! The antennae were super easy, surprisingly. Stitching it all together turned out to be easier that I thought it would be also!
She seems to be content the way she is, so we’ll have to wait a bit longer to see what her wings are like!