Full Grown Bottle Fly

· Read in about 1 min · (169 words) ·

I finished all the parts for the blue bottlefly! I am so happy with the way she turned out. And I am happy that I am giving crochet a go. Some parts have been a bit of a struggle, but mostly, it’s been fun!

The wings were easier to make than I thought they would be. I was worried, because there was a graphic “chart”, but the instructions were also written out. I didn’t really have any problem following either, after I understood them.

The wings consist of 4 “wing shapes”. Each pair is placed wrong sides together, then you crochet all around the outside. After they are finished, they are sewn to the body suit with a few stitches to hold them in place.

Here, you can see all the parts in the set. The “body”, the egg sack. The maggots light yellow cap, the pupa, And the final hat and body suit!

It all came out really cute.

I am looking forward to making the beetle next.