I’ve started in on the second ensemble that is in the pattern instructions. This is for a Flowered Tunic and Shorts. I finished the shorts yesterday. The fabric is so pretty with it’s tiny, white butterflies flitting about that I chose to use them as the theme for this outfit! More tomorrow! #artdoll #catdoll #dressupdoll #sewing #koalaandmilapatterns

Personally, I only wear a few pairs of shoes. I’m not into having a different pair for every outfit. My shoes are functional, not decorative. For my dolls, however, I have an entirely different philosophy. There is no such thing as “too many shoes”. They simply MUST have a different pair for every change of clothing! This doll has what I refer to as “ballet feet”. Basically, she looks like she is standing on pointe.

While I was locked away from everyone because of the construction, I managed to make this dress for Tuna. I used the Striped Dress pattern from the pattern set. Instead of piecing together strips of fabric, I found a fabric that was already striped. I also started a pair of shoes, but didn’t finish them in time to take a picture, so you’ll have to wait until next week to see them!

Note: Today’s post was originally written and published in November of 2012, on another website I own. I’m sharing it here as a “Throwback Thursday” so that you know my “sudden” interest in dolls is not new and not just a Covid obsession! This post is image heavy. In addition, there are a couple of pictures of an almost anatomically correct, nude doll below! I thought I would show you a doll I made that was delivered to her owner last week!

Indeed, she does! These are from the bloomers/shorts pattern. One niggling problem that I have is that I feel like the waist should be higher up on these. I may adjust the pattern, in the future, for a better fit. Other than that, I think they’re cute! #artdoll #catdoll #dressupdoll #sewing #koalaandmilapatterns

How could you resist a kitty like this? From her tiny ear stud to her name tag, she’s a bundle of fun! I got all of her parts sewn together and stuffed, today. Tomorrow I will sew on her arms and legs. They are just pinned for the picture. And hopefully, make her some bloomers. Having fun, staying safe! #artdoll #catdoll #dressupdoll #sewing #koalaandmilapatterns

Yesterday you saw the back of Tuna-the-Cat. Today, I finished all the applique and button sewing. I made the name tag out of a piece of muslin. I stamped the name using Archival ink, and then went over it with a Pitt Pen. My signature is on the other half. This will get sewn into the seam when the body is assembled. I’m very impressed with this new sewing machine.

Stand Up

  art doll tilda body

My wonderful husband helped me make a stand for the new doll! I bought a dowel, and a plaque for the base. However, the base wasn’t heavy enough. Later, when he went back to the store, he found this big, round piece of wood. It’s much heavier and works perfectly. I haven’t sewn the tab onto the back of the doll yet, but this is how it will work.

Dolling

  art doll tilda body

I’m trying out a new art doll pattern. It is from the MadeByMiculinko shop on Etsy. There are several clothing and accessory patterns for the doll, also. This is a “tilda” style doll, with exaggerated elongation and very wide hips. I got lucky and had this piece of fabric in my stash. I liked the color, so I went with it. I like this pattern, but I can make some improvements in this, I think.