At the beginning of November, I took part in a mini book exchange in the Micro Art Journal group on Facebook. I made two mini books and sent them both off to my exchange partner. Although it wasn’t required, my partner, Misty Palek, filled one of the books I sent her with passport/mail art and sent it back! She also included this wonderful antique card that you see above.

I decided to add this to the inside of the back cover. That area wasn’t reserved for any particular day. I was digging through some previously stamped pieces that were in a drawer in the studio and I found both the cutout, embossed moon and a piece that had been embossed with stars. I’ve had them for about 20 years ago, when I used to do a lot of stamping.

Left side: Christmas is the time of music and singing. Kokopelli represents music. He is often found in petroglyphs holding a flute. I was a bit tired of red and green and just wanted to play with painting some other colors. The background just called for this musical trio! Right side: Mamacita, ¿Dónde está Santa Claus? Where in the world is Santa Clause? It’s pretty obvious that he’s hiding out someplace nice and warm!

I love the way gingerbread smells as it’s baking. It fills the house with warmth, happiness and excited anticipation. That said, I’ve never made gingerbread cookies or a gingerbread house. I think it would be really fun to make them and decorate them. Not sure if I would want to eat them, though! LOL! So instead, I’ve created a dream of a gingerbread village with houses, people and even a bush!

The prompt for this day was “Christmas lights”. All I could think of is how everyone decorates their yards this time of year. It’s one of my favorite things about the season. I could ride around and look at them all night long. On the other hand, I find most of the blow-up-style yard decorations bizarre. I’ve seen yards full of them. One of the new-ish ones around here is Santa’s Food Truck.

The prompt for this day was “candles”. Because my book is nano-sized, I thought that just one candle would suffice. I wasn’t sure how I would handle having a white candle, but I think this worked to give that impression! In addition to watercolor, I used gel pens on this for the lettering and the metallic touches. It’s sometimes hard to get a lot of detail on something small.

I saw in a report last week that black Christmas trees are a thing now days. That got me to thinking what color I would like for a tree. Black isn’t for me, but I did think about a hot pink tree with black, silver and white decorations. I might kind of like that! So, on this day, the art prompt was “christmas tree”. I decided to give my pink tree idea a go.

Bringing Home the Tree. Sharing another double-spread because the art went across both pages. The prompts for today didn’t really have anything to do with this picture. I just felt it was appropriate! I just had to customize the VW because of the way the stamp was. There were lines, indicating panels. I don’t know if this is what the creator had in mind… But it was certainly what popped into My mind!

Today I’m showing you a full, double-page day in my nano Traveler’s Notebook. I mentioned yesterday that I journal on one side and art on the other. Now you can see how I do that. For what I keep track of, there’s plenty of room on the left side. On this day, there was enough space left that I did a random color mix. (I select the colors from a “random jar”.

This is the title page of the first book in my December nano art journal. I’ve set up my tiny Traveler’s notebook so that there are 4 inserts, each one having enough pages for one week. I began by stamping some trees and the deer on the page. I added a stamp for the month, and numbers for the first and last day for this insert. A cute holly and berry stamp substituted for the dash between the numbers.

I want to take this time to thank everyone who’s followed my art journey over the years. It has, over time, taken various twists and turns (and even a few hard lefts and reversals.) I love looking back over what I’ve accomplished and somewhat stunned: I did THAT? But throughout it all, there are some of you who’ve been there on almost every step… encouraging, suggesting, helping and enabling.

This envelope arrived in the mail last Friday! I knew it had to be from an art friend, because of how it was decorated! I started pulling off the washi tape, to save it and then I realized I should take a picture first! I covered up the address, and here it is. This is the back. The orange scribble I added to the photo because the return address was written on the flap.

All the leaves are falling quickly. It just takes a bit of a breeze to knock them right off the trees. I guess I should go out tomorrow and clean up the yard. I’ll put all the leaves in the composter so that I can start with a fresh batch of compost in the spring! Last year, when the kids helped, some of the yard decorations ended up in weird places.

Welcome to Gnome-Vember! I’m starting a new mini art journal! This time, it is about Autumn, Gnomes and the month of November. The weather is getting colder, the plants and trees are shedding their leaves, and the garden is fading away, soon to be buried in snow. All of those wonderful garden ornaments have been forgotten and left to fend for themselves until spring! Instead of working in a micro Traveler’s Notebook insert, for this volume, I’ve made a little, self-contained book.

When all the monsters are vanquished, you can fly! If you don’t let all those children of the Inner Critic get in your way, or stop you from creating, just imagine what you could accomplish! I have to shove my monsters in a closet, force them to go away, or just not listen to them… and then I can pick up my brush, or pen, or colored pencils. And art is what brings me joy, so it’s very important.