This is my Tuesday morning Zentangle meditation class. These people are so wonderful to be with! They love learning, tangling and each other which makes being with them a total joy. This week, they used an “A” shaped string and learned Bales, Ennies, Fescu and Printemps. The two tiles (one unfinished) in the lower right are mine. I love how each of them is not afraid to try whatever variation they think of.

She had traveled down the hall of the long good bye for such a long time. She slept and awoke and walked towards the door in the House of Waiting. The vastness pulled at her spirit and she longed to be free. She would not miss anything here. She had completed her mission. She would leave it all behind. It had been her life. But now, she was free to fly.

This tile is the result of an ongoing challenge (#TangleTagCZT30) on the Zentangle Mosaic app. Each person is to create a tile using all of the tangles that came from previous CZTs in the chain, and add one more of their own choosing. There were seven people in the chain when I was tagged. I’ve added the eighth tangle, Zailz. I found this interesting, and very challenging. This was a lot of different tangles to try and fit on a single Zentangle and still have anything that wasn’t total chaos!

This is my finished tile from the Tuesday Beginner’s Class. I rarely finish my tile during the sessions because I’m busy helping the students. However, I do always finish them eventually. I don’t mind having many tiles with the same design. I can always create my own, personal mosaic! Zentangle drawn on a white, Official Zentangle tile using a black, Micron pen. Shading done with graphite pencil. Tangles: Bales Florz Hollibaugh Tipple

Another Beginner’s class last Tuesday! I love introducing the Zentangle Method to new students. Their excitement and enthusiasm is so contagious! Tangles: Crescent Moon Florz Hollibaugh Tipple

Perhaps, the Universe is pointing the way? The next step of Beginner’s tangles evolving. Zentangle drawn on an Official Zentangle tile using a black, Micron pen. Shading done with graphite pencil. Tangles: Bales Ennies Fescu Printemps

Into the center. The weaving falls into dynamic patterns. Forming. Collapsing. Which way will she take the ship. Unknown. This tile was created by following instructions in Eni Oken’s Crazy Gold Auraknot lesson. You can find it and many more fabulous lessons by joining her Art Club! Zentangle drawn on Strathmore Vellum Bristol using a black, Micron pen. Shading done with graphite pencil. Tangles: Crazy Auraknot Perfs

star light star bright weave your way through the night light the sky let us fly this is the day away we hie Zentangle drawn on Stonehenge white using a black, Micron pen. Shading done with graphite pencil. Tangles: Aura Knot Perfs Monotangle

Yesterday, a friend and I got together so I could show her how to replace the pages of an existing, hard-covered book and create a Junk Journal. I did one a couple of weeks ago. In the first post, I showed you how to remove the original pages and cut and fold new ones. In the second post, I showed how easy it is to attach the new pages to the empty cover.

Another tile from a Beginner’s Class this week. I may have enough of these to create my own Mosaic! I never get tired of drawing these. Each time, while they always have the same plan, they come out somewhat different. It depends on the day, the artist, and what they feel like doing. It’s one of the wonderful things about the Zentangle Method! Zentangle drawn on an Official Zentangle Tile using a black, Micron pen.

I taught another Beginner’s Zentangle class yesterday. What a wonderful time we had sharing our drawing and life experiences with each other! Zentangles drawn on Original Zentangle tiles using a black, Micron pen. Shading done with graphite pencil. Tangles: Crescent Moon Hollibaugh Florz Tipple

A couple of weeks or so ago, there was a post about rearranging Studio One so that it would work better for wet media and teaching. I ordered some new storage from Ikea, which arrive on Friday. In this picture, you can see the Alex units all put together, and in place under the countertop. (Except one drawer bottom was missing, which I will deal with today.) I also now have the center tables set up for classes!

Tanglers are always looking for new ways to carry tiles with them on the go. Others want a way to save, share and protect finished tiles. And some are looking for projects that incorporate tangling alternatives. I am making a Bitty BookZ, following the instructions from Chris Titus. These instructions are very clear and easy to follow. The end result is a finished book, containing ten Zentangle tiles!

I had an introductory class with a private student yesterday. We had a wonderful time together. This is the tile I created while teaching. Every so often, I think it is very important to go back to the very beginning and do that “first tile” again. Every single person who has taken a class from a CZT creates this tile, or one very similar with the classic “Z” string.

I have taken a lot of time off from traditional tangling. Basically, since the beginning of 2019. Sometimes, you need to take a break to evaluate where you have been… and where you are going. Sometimes, roads take off in unexpected direction. Sometimes we set off the road entirely to explore new territory. And then the roads, the paths, the discoveries come around to a new understanding of where you were before.